Be prepared for the most delicious, easiest frosting for your cakes ever!
Big call I know, but trust me, you’ll be licking the bowl and then some when you make this. This fudge icing is decadently dark, rich, thick – and it tastes incredible. Any chocolate cake will be enhanced when you add this to it.
Sometimes I make a cake just so I can ice it with this! I make sure I leave lots in the pot, so I have plenty to sample.
Chocolate fudge frosting – of the EPIC variety!
- 75 grams butter (2.5 ounces)
- 1 ¼ cups icing sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- Add all of the ingredients into a small pot.
- Heat over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is fully melted, and everything has blended together.
- Take off the heat and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Beat using a hand held beater for one minute.
- Now it's ready to go. Pour over your cake, wait for it to set, then enjoy!
- Lick the bowl!
I came to make this the other day, and was out of golden syrup (there was a nationwide shortage for a few weeks.) So I substituted the golden syrup for treacle. It definitely altered the taste, not as sweet, a little bit earthy. But once I adjusted my taste buds, I loved it. And it made the icing even darker – it was such a rich, gorgeous colour.
If you want to ice and fill your cake, just double the recipe.
Anyway, you need to go make my Celebration Chocolate Cake, so you’ve got something to ice!
I cannot wait to hear what you think of it!